Mental wellness is affected by many factors in our lives. At WCHC we support those who are struggling with mental health issues and those who are supporting them by offering a range of programs.
Mental Wellness Education Sessions
Offered in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association to increase awareness of mental health and to support those affected by mental health issues.Â The community advisory committee meets regularly to review program evaluations and to identify topics for the upcoming sessions.
As we continue to take physical distancing measures, Woolwich Community Health Centre is offering mental wellness education sessions at a distance using the virtual communication platform, Zoom. All sessions are FREE. Registration is required. Once you have registered, you will receive your invitation a day before the presentation. If you do not have internet access, no worries, you can attend the program using your telephone.
- When chilling out feels more like a heat wave!
- Self-Care and Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Managing Relationships during COVID-19
- Signs of Caregiver Burnout: How to prevent and get support
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Understanding what is behind “acting out” in children and reframing how we respond
If you cannot attend the workshop we are recording many of them and they can be found by visiting our Wellness Blog or click on the title below.