Mental wellness is affected by many factors in our lives. At WCHC we support those who are struggling with mental health issues and those who are supporting them by offering a range of programs.
Mental Wellness Education Sessions
Offered in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association to increase awareness of mental health and to support those affected by mental health issues.Â The community advisory committee meets regularly to review program evaluations and to identify topics for the upcoming sessions.
As we continue to take physical distancing measures, Woolwich Community Health Centre is offering mental wellness education sessions at a distance using the virtual communication platform, Zoom. All sessions are FREE. Registration is required. Once you have registered, you will receive your invitation a day before the presentation. If you do not have internet access, no worries, you can attend the program using your telephone.
- Signs and Symptoms of Eating Disorders
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – The Stress Cycle and How to Complete It
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – Feel the Fear and do it Anyways
- Living with Depression
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – It’s the Thought that Counts
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – Boundaries and Saying “No”
We have recorded many of our presentations. The sessions can be viewed by visiting our Wellness Blog or click on the title below.
- Social Hesitancy? How to cope post-vaccine & during easing COVID restrictions
- The Power of Mindfulness & Gratitude
- The Mental Health of Teens
- Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Using Mindfulness to Tackle Stress
- Understanding what is behind “acting out” in children and reframing how we respond
- Coping with the Holiday Season during the Pandemic
- Managing Relationships during COVID-19
- Self-Care and Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Managing Difficult Emotions during COVID-19
- Managing Fear and Anxiety during COVID
Creative Art Program – SORRY, ALL CLASSES ARE FULL – We hope to offer more Creative Art classes in 2022
We are excited to announce that thanks to the Lyle S. Hallman Foundation grant, we will now be offering a free Creative Art program at WCHC for adults.
People do not have to be “artists” or even “good at art” to benefit from the physical act of creating art.
Art has been proven to encourage healing, motivation, expression of emotions and most importantly happiness, to people worldwide, regardless of their age, health, ability or environment. By offering a creative art program here at WCHC we can provide an outlet, a place to escape the stress of everyday life and just a fun time out for people in our community.
This will be an in-person program at Woolwich Community Health Centre, 10 Parkside Drive, St. Jacobs. Registration is required. Please note that classes will be limited in size in accordance with COVID guidelines, face masks must be worn and physical distancing will be adhered to. These classes are for adults.
- I Love Lavender! – September 28, 2021
- I Love Lavender! – September 30, 2021
- Rustic Fall Painting on Wooden Board – October 12, 2021
- Rustic Fall Painting on Wooden Board – October 14, 2021
- Felted Holiday Gnomes – November 16, 2021
- Felted Holiday Gnomes – November 18, 2021
- Holiday Door Swag – December 7, 2021
- Holiday Door Swag – December 9, 2021
- Painted Mandala Stone – January 18, 2022
- Painted Mandala Stone – January 20, 2022