Many factors in our lives affect mental wellness. At WCHC we support those who are struggling with mental health issues and those who are supporting them by offering a range of programs.
Mental Wellness Education Sessions
Offered in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association to increase awareness of mental health and to support those affected by mental health issues.Â The community advisory committee meets regularly to review program evaluations and to identify topics for the upcoming sessions.
As we continue to take physical distancing measures, Woolwich Community Health Centre is offering mental wellness education sessions at a distance using the virtual communication platform, Zoom. All sessions are FREE. Registration is required. Once you have registered, you will receive your invitation a day before the presentation. If you do not have internet access, no worries, you can attend the program using your telephone.Â To register for any of the programs, please send an email to Tariq at [email protected] or call 519-664-3794 ext. 222.
We have recorded many of our presentations. View our sessions on our Wellness Blog or click on the title below.
Winter 2023 Sessions:
- Spring into Action
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – Boundaries and Saying “No”
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – It’s the Thought that Counts
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – Feel the Fear and do it Anyways
- Stress and Anxiety “Lunch and Learn” – The Stress Cycle and How to Complete It
- Signs and Symptoms of Eating Disorders
- Social Hesitancy? How to cope post-vaccine & during easing COVID restrictions
- The Power of Mindfulness & Gratitude
- The Mental Health of Teens
- Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Using Mindfulness to Tackle Stress
- Understanding what is behind “acting out” in children and reframing how we respond
- Coping with the Holiday Season during the Pandemic
- Managing Relationships during COVID-19
- Self-Care and Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Managing Difficult Emotions during COVID-19
- Managing Fear and Anxiety during COVID
Creative Art Program
CLASSES FOR FALL 2023 ARE NOW FULL!
â€śCreate what makes your heart dance and your soul sing!â€ť
We are happy to announce that the Creative Art Program for adults will continue this year! The classes will be offered for free again thanks to the grant WCHC received from the Lyle S. Hallman Foundation.
People do not have to be â€śartistsâ€ť or even â€śgood at artâ€ť to benefit from the physical act of creating art.
Art has been proven to encourage healing, motivation, expression of emotions and most importantly happiness, to people worldwide, regardless of their age, health, ability or environment. By offering a Creative Art Program here at WCHC we can provide an outlet, a place to escape the stress of everyday life and just a fun time out for people in our community.
This will be an in-person program at Woolwich Community Health Centre, 10 Parkside Drive, St. Jacobs. Registration is required. These classes are for adults.