We support older adults by offering a range of programs and services that support physical, social, emotional and spiritual health.
Caregiver Support Group
Provides support to caregivers who are supporting someone who is seriously ill. It is an opportunity to meet with others who share similar feelings and situations. Come and talk/listen while enjoying a cup of hot tea. The Caregiver Support Group meets on the 1st Thursday morning of each month from 10:00 to 11:00. To register please contact Julie Schelter atÂ 519 664-3794 ext 229.
Sessions are offered regularly and cover a range of topics and are open to all residents of our catchment area.
As we continue to take physical distancing measures, Woolwich Community Health Centre is offering health and wellness sessions at a distance using a virtual communication platform. We welcome you to register or if you cannot attend the workshop we are recording many of them and they can be found by visiting our Wellness Blog or click on the title below.
- Managing Difficult Emotions during COVID-19
- Nutrition during COVID
- Loneliness: The Impact on Health and Ways to Reach Out and Connect
Practical Skills to Live Well as We Age
This 6-week course is facilitated by Bernadette Vanspall, Physiotherapist and Michelle Smith, RPN, Well Adult Nurse. In this course you will explore:
- How can we move through the day in ways which build bone and muscle strength?
- Learn ways to prevent and / or manage: aches, pains and muscle stiffness.
- Share tips to enhance posture, breath and body awareness, nutrition, sleep and memory.
- Build / harness resilience in the face of life’s changes.
- Learn about community supports and resources.
Woolwich and Wellesley Hospice
Volunteers provide compassionate help for people dealing with a life-limiting illness. Hospice volunteers are caring members of the community who have been specially trained to understand the specific needs of people with a serious illness. Call Julie Schelter, Hospice Coordinator atÂ 519 664-3794 ext. 229 for more information. Woolwich Wellesley Hospice Brochure